Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eggless Banana Bread

Today 12th Sep 2010 is my parents 35th wedding anniversary. So, on a sweet note, we would like to dedicate this banana bread recipe to their 35 years of togetherness and wishing many many many more to come.From us- A Very Happy Wedding Anniversary to Appa and Amma.

                

I have added banana bread to my list of favorite breads. This yumilicious bread is easy to prepare. I would also want to try the healthier versions i.e with buckwheat or rye flour soon. Also, I felt that I could reduce the amount of sugar from 1 cup to 3/4th cup ( that is, if you want to eat the bread for breakfast, you can substitute with the healthier flour and add less sugar )


Prep time - 15 mins
Baking time - 50 mins

Ingredients :

All purpose flour - 2 cups
Bananas - 3 ripe, ( I used banana with few brown dots )
Sugar - 1 cup ( I used fine sugar, if not available use powdered sugar )
Flax seed  powder- 1 tbsp
Milk - 3 - 4 tbsp
Melted butter - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1.5 tsp

Procedure :

In a big bowl mix all purpose flour, salt , baking soda and flax seed powder properly.

Mash your bananas with a masher into a fine paste. I mashed the bananas using a big spoon and once they were broken into small pieces I then ground them into a fine paste using a mixer.

To this paste add sugar, milk and butter and mix properly.

Now pour this mix into the all purpose flour mixture slowly and mix slowly. The bread batter would be thicker than usual cake batters. The batter should not be very runny but should be thick enough that you can mix it with ease.

Grease a bread pan and preheat the oven at 350 F. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 mins or till an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.

3 comments: