Friday, September 17, 2010

Banana Rye Bread

Banana Rye Bread can be a pleasant change from our regular cereals and breads. Along with the health benefits , this bread tastes good too!


I followed the same recipe of Banana bread and just replaced the all purpose flour with the rye flour. Also I reduced the 1 cup of sugar to approx 3/4th cup of sugar. I felt that I could have reduced the 3 bananas to 2 to get a more rye flavor (thats right, more taste of the rye flour and not of the bananas). If you don't like the rye taste you might want to go ahead with 3 bananas. 

Another important thing to note is the baking time. It took me approx 1 hour and 35 mins to bake this bread so it is strongly recommended that you use a dark bread pan as it will absorb more heat and bake faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment