Monday, August 27, 2012

Brown Bread Toast with Olive Oil and Flax seed


Preparing a healthy breakfast while preparing lunch can get little challenging. Though I do stick to traditional Idli/ Dosai/ Upma routine, these too get repetitive at times. Recently I realized that I had some significant quantity of unused flaxseeds which I had to put to good use. So what I did was to grind it and use it as a spread on toasted bread, spiced it up with some salt/pepper and olive oil. It turned out to be a great breakfast option which D loved. To make it wholesome I served it with lots of fruits and nuts.



Prep Time : Depending on the heat setting of your toaster

Ingredients :

Brown bread slices 
Flax seed powder - 1 tsp [ Ground flax seeds and store in a air tight container ]
Olive oil - to drizzle 
Salt - as per taste
Pepper - as per taste

Procedure :

Toast your bread and place it in a serving plate. Spread the flax seed powder over the toast , top it up with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil and serve warm with fruits and nuts for a tasty healthy breakfast!

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    That's simple and I don't have to depend on my cook or even my wife. We have all the ingredients at home and we enjoy eating brown bread. With fruits and nuts as accompaniments, one coudn't think of an easier and healthier breakfast. Will send you a feedback soon.
    Thanks.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saran,
    Simple, Yet healthier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an award for you Saran please do accept it :)

    ReplyDelete