Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vegetable Biryani - 2

It was weekend time and I was in mood to cook something special. For a long time I wanted to try Chef Sanjay Thumma's ( vahrevah.com ) version of vegetable biryani. It was definetly easier than the previous version I had tried and the end result was also really delicious and satisfying.
  

Though both the recipes are similar, this biryani had these changes : 

1. I got readymade biryani masala from Indian store and used 3/4th packet [ for 2 cups basmati rice and 2 and 1/2 cups of vegetables ].
2. Instead of baking for 45 mins I cooked it in double boiling method.

Also for garnishing , I used fried breads ( pan fried ) which really enhanced the taste further. 


The biryani turned out tasty and the vegetable and rice were cooked to perfection!
  

I definetly would want to do repeat this wholesome dish on more occasions.For the complete recipe click here.

1 comment:

  1. I feel this is the more authentic version, bcos Thumma is from Hyd.

    ReplyDelete